A Feingold Vacation - Menu Planning


Just got back from Disney - my favorite place!  I'm going to post on how to do Disney on a special diet but first thought I'd post my menu plan I made for the week.  I did this before we left so that I could give my mom a shopping list.  FYI:  My oldest (C) is just Feingold, and myself and my younger 3 are GFCF as well.  We brought along my 13 year old niece (A) as well.  So, you'll see references to their names.  My parents didn't always eat with us.  My parents live 3 hours from Orlando so they drove up with a cooler. My mom had pre-made some things for us like the chicken meatballs, some muffins, and the lemon chicken marinade. 



We always stay at my parents' timeshare, which is conveniently located right across the street from a Whole Foods!  Yea!  My parents drove up early and went shopping for me.  I'm reading "America's Cheapest Family" and they say they plan out meals for the month and save money that way by buying just the groceries that they'll need (and other reasons).  The timeshare has a fully stocked kitchen (all cooking utensils, pots, etc.).  So, below is my menu plan for the week, followed by my shopping list.  We did sway from the plan slightly, but not too much.  Whatever food we had leftover that we didn't open, my mom returned after we left.  We did have a bit leftover, but my mom bought everything the first day.  I would have made a couple trips during the week if it were me. 

Don't be overwhelmed by this list!  We go to Disney almost every year, so I've had a lot of practice!  You will save a lot of money too if you can cook at your place instead of eating out every meal.  Not always doable I know.  We've been very blessed that we've been able to have a place to cook while on vacation.  We stayed at Westgate Lakes in Orlando.  Many timeshares offer a greatly reduced rate if you stay with them and listen to a two hour speech and tour of their grounds.  So, that's another option if you can hold your ground and not buy.  My parents don't think it's worth it, but they can afford it, so they keep it for the grandkids.  It was kind of nice to wake up and not have to think about what to make for breakfast.  We just checked the menu! I'll explain how we brought all this food to the parks in my next post.


Menu Plan:


Thursday – dinner on plane – hot dogs – L, D, and B, turkey sandwich for C, kale chips, peas


Snack at room – cereal – Gorilla Munch & Erewhon with rice milk, pop tarts for C and/or shrimp


Friday – Disney World


Breakfast:  2 packages of bacon, broccoli


B & S - chicken meatballs


D – Ian’s chicken nugget meal


L – oatmeal


C – pop tarts or cereal


A, mom, dad – chicken and rice


(Make peas and carrots to bring).


Lunch:  Lemon Mustard Chicken with rice (Sheri, Lynsey, Brooklyn, Dylan)


Lynsey –hot dog


Cody – bacon lettuce sandwich, grapes


Fruit – melons, grapes, blueberries, raspberries, apple, etc.


Dinner:  Turkey sandwich for Lynsey, jelly sandwich for Dylan, turkey sandwich for Cody, wheat thins, Ruffles


Brooklyn & Lynsey – peas and carrots


Snacks – dried bananas, dried pears


Saturday


Breakfast:  French toast (Cody, A, mom, dad) with maple syrup


Lynsey, Dylan, Sheri – Ian’s French toast sticks with agave syrup


Lunch:  Tacos (probably  2 lbs) with Xochitl corn chips, lettuce


Dinner:  Spaghetti - for mom, dad


GF spaghetti noodles for Sheri, Dylan, A


Spaghetti squash for Brooklyn and Lynsey


Grilled Cheese for Lynsey & Dylan


Green beans


Chicken sandwich for Cody



Sunday  - Universal Studios


Breakfast:


Ian’s chicken nuggets & tator tots – Sheri, Brooklyn, Dylan, Lynsey


Cody & A – cereal, baked potatoes with bacon


Lunch – spaghetti – Sheri, Brooklyn


Tomato soup  w/crackers– Dylan, Sheri


Fruit, muffins,  etc.


Eat at park probably.


Monday


Breakfast:  Ian’s chicken patties – Dylan, Brooklyn, Sheri


Lynsey - oatmeal


Cody – hot dog


Lunch – hot dogs for plane


Shopping List – Whole Foods:


Organic eggs


Rudi’s Honey Sweet Whole Wheat bread


Rudi’s Wheat hot dog buns


Bell & Evans Chicken Patties


Applegate Farms beef hot dogs


Food for Life Brown rice bread


Strawberry jelly (any organic I guess)


Ian’s chicken nuggets (GF)


2 boxes Ian’s chicken patties (GF)


Ian’s chicken nugget meal (GF)


2 Pacific Original rice milk


Gorilla Munch


Whole Foods brand popcorn shrimp


Marshmallow cereal for Cody – Three Sisters?, like Lucky Charms


365 organic green beans - frozen


365 organic peas and carrots – frozen


365 organic tator tots


GF Tinkyada spaghetti noodles


Daiya cheddar cheese shreds


Earth Balance butter – soy free, red container


Maple syrup – small bottle


Pop tarts – Back to Nature or Nature’s Path? – Wildberry Acai or whatever


Imagine creamy tomato soup


Glutino crackers


Wheat thins – Back to Nature


Xochitl corn chips – salted


Organic romaine lettuce


Cucumber


Fruit – few organic apples (fuji, gala, etc.), rasberries, red grapes, cantalope, watermelon, etc.


White organic potatoes (few)


So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk ice cream


GF Cones



Publix:


Turkey slices – Hormel (2 boxes)


Hormel ham and roast beef slices


Uncle Ben’s 5 minute rice


Spaghetti noodles


Ruffles


Ketchup – Hunt’s All Natural No Corn Syrup Added


Water bottles


Simply Lemonade, or lemons and sugar if they don’t have it


Cereal for A


(To bring from FL: vanilla, chicken meatballs, spaghetti sauce, muffins)


(To bring from home:  taco seasoning, sea salt, dried fruit, kale chips, organic rice, 2 oatmeal packets, cinnamon, vitamins, cooler, tupperware)


Labels: